from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of two plants, Anemone quinquefolia of eastern North America or A. nemorosa of Eurasia, having deeply divided leaves and a solitary, showy, white to crimson flower.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Used as a common name of two plant species of the family Ranunculaceae, Anemone nemorosa and Anemone quinquefolia.
- n. A parallel name for snowdrop windflower (Anemone sylvestris).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a delicate flower (Anemone nemorosa) of early spring; -- also called windflower. See Illust. of Anemone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wind-flower, Anemone nemorosa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common anemone of eastern North America with solitary pink-tinged white flowers
- n. European anemone with solitary white flowers common in deciduous woodlands
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.