from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A set of words arranged in a square such that they read the same horizontally and vertically.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun See square, 15.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A type of acrostic, consisting of a set of words written out in a square grid, such that the same words can be read both horizontally and vertically.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a puzzle where you fill a square grid with words reading the same down as across


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • U N K I S S E D

    N O O N T I M E

    K O R H A N E S

    I N H A L E R S

    S T A L L A G E

    S I N E A T E R

    E M E R G E N T

    D E S S E R T S

    From Language on Vacation< by Dimitri Borgmann

    November 9, 2008