from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A yet incomplete artistic, theatrical, or musical work, often made available for public viewing or listening.
- noun One, such as an inexperienced athlete, who has not yet reached his or her peak potential.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable Work that has been commenced, but is not complete.
- noun countable A project that has been commenced but is not complete.
- noun uncountable, accounting A portion of
inventorythat represents goods which are no longer salable as raw materials, but not yet salable as finished goods, work in process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a piece of work that is not yet finished
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.