from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, harmless burrowing snake (Carphophis amoena) of the central and eastern United States, usually living under stones or logs and feeding chiefly on earthworms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Thunder snake (b), under Thunder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A blindworm; a worm-like angiostomatous or scolecophidian snake of the suborder Typhlopoidea; a groundsnake, as Carphophis (or Celuta) amœna.
- n. Same as snakeworm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wormlike burrowing snake of warm regions having vestigial eyes
- n. small reddish wormlike snake of eastern United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.