from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various arthropods of the order Xiphosura, having a long pointed telson extending from the rear of the abdomen. The order includes the horseshoe crabs and many extinct species.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the Xiphosura, as a horseshoe-crab.
- noun A member of the group Xiphosura; a xiphosure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun zoology Any member of the
order Xiphosura, including horseshoe crabs.
- adjective zoology Of or pertaining to the order
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Xiphosūra, order name : Greek xiphos, sword + Greek ourā, tail; see ors- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Sorry, no example sentences found.