from The Century Dictionary.
- In entomology, of or pertaining to the Xylophaga, in either sense.
- noun A member of the Xylophaga, in either sense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One of a tribe of beetles whose larvæ bore or live in wood.
- noun Any species of Xylophaga.
- noun Any one of the Xylophagides.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any
insectof the genus Xylophaga, which bores into wood.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.