from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An untrained military recruit.
- noun A soldier confined to a restricted area or assigned menial tasks as a punishment.
- noun A convict; a prisoner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative form of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- noun a military recruit who is assigned menial tasks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.