from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several North American pines having yellowish wood, such as longleaf pine or ponderosa pine.
- noun The wood of any of these trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of various
pinetrees with a yellow colour.
- noun A
coniferoustree endemicto New Zealand, scientific name Halocarpus biformis
- noun The wood from any of these trees.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of various pines having yellow wood
- noun hard yellowish wood of a yellow pine
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.