from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Variant of sastruga.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Any of a series of long, wavelike ridges or grooves formed on a snow surface by the wind, especially in polar plains.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One of a series of ridges, with corresponding depressions, rising in wave-like succession above the general level of the snow when this has been blown across by a long-continued wind.


From Russian заструга (zastruga) (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.