from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Related to, resembling, or characteristic of a zebra.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, like or pertaining to a zebra.
- n. A zebra or similar (notably equine) animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, the zebra.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling or related to the zebra; striped like a zebra; pertaining to the subgenus Hippotigris: correlated with equine and asinine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
These stripes were distinct on the hind-quarters, where they diverged from the spine, and pointed a little forwards; many of them as they diverged from the spine became a little branched, exactly in the same manner as in some zebrine species.
The self is 'a mixed body: studded, spotted, zebrine, tigroid, shimmering, spotted like an ocelot, whose life must be its business '.
Spiew z pozogi (Warszawa: Wiedza, 1947); Utwory zebrine, ed. by Aniela Kmita-Piorunowa and Kazimierz Wyka (Kraków: Wydawnictwo Literackie, 1961); Utwory wybrane, ed. by Kazimierz Wyka (Kraków: Wydawnictwo Literackie, 1964); Wiersze, ed. by Jan Sochon (Bialystok: Krajowa Agencja Wydawnicza, 1984); Poezje, ed. by Jerzy Swiech (Lublin: Wydawn Lubelskie, 1992).
OW 1885 OW pteropine bat 1844 O zebrine zebra OW Insects account for six more such terms: acarine mite 1828 OW formicine ant 1885 anopheline mosquito OW
"eggy" eggplant is more frequently encountered in Europe, as is the zebrine strain, which has longitudinal purple-and-white stripes.