An empty list by sionnach.
Tip: Add several words or phrases at once by separating them with semicolons.
Don't worry about surrounding whitespace -- we'll ignore it.
The first six clues follow a common theme, as do the final six (different from the first six).
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
reesetee commented on the list quiz-time-2
I missed the whole darn thing. *sigh* Maybe #3....
November 9, 2007
uselessness commented on the list quiz-time-2
I like these a lot. This second one was easier than the first one, which is a good thing. :-) I much prefer this difficulty level.
sionnach commented on the list quiz-time-2
Mollusque: Excellent! Martin Luther would be proud of you.
uselessness: Don't feel bad. You got most of them first time around.
Guess it's time to whip up quiz #3. maybe tomorrow.
One. Minute. Too. Late. Argh. ;-)
Oh, duh! Simony!
mollusque commented on the list quiz-time-2
Uselessness: all correct except number 3. So what is needed is a word ending in 'mony' that means trading in indulgences.
6. Persimmony - is that the answer in your hint?
And they all share the -mony ending...
Hint: Fentiman farms in October are persimmony.
November 8, 2007
Very good, trivet!!!
November 6, 2007
trivet commented on the list quiz-time-2
oooooh! 7-12 is Friends-themed
7 - Rachel
8 - Monica (monniker?)
9 - Phoebe
10 - Chandler
11 - Joey
12 - Ross
1. Copperfield : Charles :: Baudelaire :
2. Russell’s barber : antinomy :: Ockham’s razor :
3. merchandise : trade :: indulgences :
4. Sn : tin :: Sb :
5. Italy : minestrone :: Greece :
6. DC in March : cherry blossomy :: Fentiman Farms in October :
7. Nero : Poppaea :: Jacob : ?
8. Annals : chronicles :: nickname : ?
9. goddess of forgiveness and youth : Hebe :: grandmother of Apollo : ?
10. arrows : Fletcher :: candles : ?
11. swan : cygnet :: kangaroo : ?
12. George : Kennedy :: New Yorker : ?
Will post the clues at 2pm Pacific time today.
Wordnik is fiscally sponsored by Planetwork NGO, Inc,a California 501(c) (3) non-profit educational organization, EIN #94-3366969.