adopted no words,
looked up 0
and loved 0
DarkMessiah commented on the word Lime
1. calcium hydroxide: a caustic substance produced by heating limestone
2. calcium oxide: a white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide
3. birdlime: a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
4. any of various related trees bearing limes
5. linden: any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers; several yield valuable timber
6. cover with lime so as to induce growth; "lime the lawn"
June 10, 2009
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
Wordnik is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #47-2198092.