haiping has adopted no words, looked up 0 words, created 10 lists, listed 526 words, written 10 comments, added 0 tags, and loved 0 words.

Comments by haiping

  • 富日子当穷日子过。

    Be thrifty even in days of abundance.

    我们要把富日子当穷日子过。

    We're well off now, but we should still live as if we were poor.

    在这金风送爽的日子里,我们迎来了国庆日。

    As autumn approaches, we are going to celebrate National Day.

    日子

    suffer day after day; drag out a miserable existence

    过安生日子

    live a peaceful and restful life

    穷苦人有了出头的日子

    Poor people can now hold up their heads.

    把日子错开

    stagger the days off

    在这大喜的日子

    in these days of great rejoicing

    哪天是你们大喜的日子

    When will your wedding take place?

    日子过得挺富裕

    lead a well-to-do life

    January 14, 2011

  • In; among; in the middle of

    December 31, 2010

  • 给你留言,怎么大半天才给我回复?

    why did it take you such a long time to reply to my message?

    她把我送给她的花又送给了你,这真是慷他人之慨啊!

    She gave you the flowers that I sent to her earlier, what a generous person she is.

    乙方按规定给付租金,甲方必须将房屋租给乙方居住。

    Party B pays rent to Party A according to the contract, Party A should rent his house out to Party B.

    因为给公司提过意见,老板常常给他穿小鞋。

    Because he made some complaints to the company, the boss often gives him a hard time.

    不要给别人留下把柄。

    Don't do anything that others can hold against you.

    他不肯也罢了,连个回信也不给。

    I wouldn't have minded his refusing, but he didn't even answer my letter.

    白给我也不要。

    I wouldn't take it even as a gift.

    给您拜个早(晚)年。

    Let me wish you an early (a belated, late) Happy New Year.

    November 28, 2010

  • It 's a full - length brown overcoat with a check pattern on it .

    是一件带格的咖啡色全大衣。

    What about this one in dark brown ?

    你认为深咖啡色怎么样?

    November 28, 2010

  • She knows the kind of room you like and reserves one without any request on your part. She anticipates your needs.

    她知道你喜欢哪种房间,你不用提出要求,她就为你预订好了,她能预见你的需求。

    November 28, 2010

  • I don't care if she's black, white or in between.

    我不管她是皮肤、白皮肤,还是半半白。

    He was wearing a black tie.

    他打着领结。

    I have two cats;one is black and the other is white.

    我有两只猫,一,一白。

    It was already dark when Celia walked to Forty-seven Park Street.

    西莉亚步行去四十七号公园大街时,天色已

    (jukuu.com)

    November 28, 2010

  • Clearly, this is not the kind of world we want to create with our technological inventions.

    显然,我们期待使用我们的科技发明来改造的世界不是这个样子的。

    Old age and infirmity had begun to catch up with him.

    他开始显出年老体衰的样子了.

    She looked very embarrassed.

    她显得很不好意思的样子

    I'm sorry it should be this way.

    很遗憾,事情竟会是这个样子

    (Jukuu.com)

    November 28, 2010

  • From Jukuu.com:

    Children' s shoes aren't cheap quite the reverse.

    儿童的并不便宜--反而更贵.

    These shoes are made of quality leather.

    这些是用高级皮革制成的。

    You may exchange the shoes but not return them for a refund.

    你可调换这双,但不能退货。

    My shoes let in water.

    我的漏水。

    November 28, 2010

  • Examples come from jukuu.com:

    She is working for her double major in English and Economics.

    她正在修英语和经济学位。

    I' ll give you double pay for working overtime.

    你加班我付你倍工钱。

    Leather shoes range from $ 10 a pair.

    皮鞋售价每十美元起。

    November 28, 2010

  • 认识 in simplified form;

    We don’t understand why someone’s face is composed the way it is, but we know that face.

    我们不了解某人的脸为什么以这种方式组合,但我们认识他的脸。

    November 28, 2010

Comments for haiping

Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.