looked up 0
and loved 31
wookinpanub commented on the word laconic
"a response so curt as to be almost rude"
April 3, 2009
wookinpanub commented on the word pointed
1. Having an end coming to a point.
2. Sharp; cutting: pointed criticism.
3. Obviously directed at or making reference to a particular person or thing: a pointed comment.
4. Clearly evident or conspicuous; marked: a pointed lack of interest.
5. Characterized by the use of a pointed crown, as in Gothic architecture: a pointed arch.
6. Having a rough finish produced by a pointed tool. Used of masonry.
January 1, 2009
wookinpanub commented on the word flummoxed
tr.v. flum·moxed, flum·mox·ing, flum·mox·es Informal
To confuse; perplex.
Probably of English dialectal origin.
flummoxed. Dictionary.com. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/flummoxed (accessed: December 17, 2008).
December 18, 2008
wookinpanub commented on the word weltschmerz
This is my favorite new word!
wookinpanub commented on the word quid pro quo
Every time I hear this phrase I think of Dr. Lecter in his cage..."Quid pro quo, Clarice."
December 17, 2008
wookinpanub commented on the word galactophagous
a. 1. Feeding on milk.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
Wordnik is fiscally sponsored by Planetwork NGO, Inc,a California 501(c) (3) non-profit educational organization, EIN #94-3366969.