from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people inhabiting northeast California.
- n. A member of this people. Also called Pit River1.
- n. The language of the Achomawi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The native language spoken by the Pit River people of present-day California.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Achomawi community of northeastern California
- n. the Shastan language spoken by the Achomawi
- n. a community of Native Americans who speak a Hokan language and live in northeastern California
Another method, embracing both burial and cremation, has been practiced by the Pitt River or Achomawi Indians of California, who
Creation and Longevity -- Achomawi (Pit River, Cal.)