from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting territory around Biloxi Bay in southeast Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The extinct Siouan language of the Biloxi.
- A city of southeast Mississippi on a peninsula between Biloxi Bay and Mississippi Sound on the Gulf of Mexico. Old Biloxi was settled by the French in 1699. Population: 44,300.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Mississippi, USA.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Siouan people of southeastern Mississippi
- n. an old town in southern Mississippi on the Gulf of Mexico
- n. the Siouan language spoken by the Biloxi
A.J. HOLLOWAY, MAJ.R OF BILOXI: Well, that also is an issue facing the city of Biloxi is housing.
BILOXI - Leroy Parker of Biloxi will spend 26 years in prison for beating a cocktail waitress with a brick during an armed robbery.
BILOXI - Teams of people and equipment are working in staging areas throughout the Gulf Coast, including Biloxi and Pascagoula, in the event an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico reaches the shoreline.
BILOXI - Governors from six states and premiers from seven Canadian provinces came to Biloxi this week to do business and build relationships.
BILOXI - In less than three weeks "Antiques Roadshow" will pull into Biloxi and discover local treasures to share with the show's fans all over the country.
BILOXI - Small but enthusiastic groups that gathered along the Biloxi beach before sunset Friday indicate Black Spring Break 2010 has drawn about as many locals as out-of-state visitors.
BILOXI - The average homeowner in Biloxi could pay an additional $21 a month for water and sewer and $2.50 more for garbage collection under the proposed budget scheduled to take effect
BILOXI - Surveillance pictures may help police identify the man who burglarized two Biloxi churches on Monday.
BILOXI (WLOX) -- A man in Biloxi says FEMA gave him almost
BILOXI (WLOX) -- Two Biloxi doctors and a pharmacist face federal drug charges.