from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- People's Republic of China A country of eastern Asia. Its ancient civilization traditionally dates to c. 2700 B.C.. After a bitter civil war (1946-1949) a people's republic led by Mao Zedong was established on the mainland, and the Nationalists fled to Taiwan. Beijing is the capital and Shanghai the largest city. Population: 1,320,000,000.
- Republic ofChina See Taiwan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A country in East Asia, officially named the People's Republic of China (中华人民共和国).
- proper n. A region in East Asia comprising the areas governed by the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- proper n. The civilization of the Chinese people.
While the eye-witness testimonies to this one particular earthquake are unsettling to the nerves where one's china is fractured, let us remember that a few years ago, the real China was hit by a far larger earthquake.
EVOLVING AN INNOVATION MODEL FOR CHINA Here's how a multinational corporation evolves its innovation model for the China market.
And see guardian.co.uk/world/china for more coverage of China from the Guardian.
He told china dialogue: If China vowed to achieve their green energy target before America, it would engender competitive nationalism and set both economies on a clean energy fast-track.
VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'US Diplomats Lauded for china ties'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'A China Daily report on American diplomats receiving awards by China for US-China relations. '
He gets himself a hot Chinese girlfriend. mark i hope the chinese people dont get all racist cause a black boy got a chinese girl in the movie. well i could be wrong since how they treated this biracial girl who comes from china Lou Jing shes half African-American and Chinese but she lives in China. the people in China racial abuse her cause she win a competition.
A minor aside: I noted with interest the "Oriental china" and "Chinese and other bronzes" as it may confirm that it was "our" Henry Lazarus who appeared before the Opium Commission in 1893 and was quoted as having said that he had been in business in China.
It is made out of broken china bowls used by the Khoos imported from China.
But behind the scenes meeting have picked up with china quite dramatically and so I'm a little more optimistic that we'll see movement from China.
And as Hillary Clinton meets with the leadership of china, the president Hu Jintao, the Premier Wen Jiabao, she really is saying they want a broader relationship with China.