from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An archery bow that curves inward at the center and usually outward at the ends.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The archery bow borne by Cupid in artistic representations, which curves inward at the centre and often outward at the ends.
- n. The curve of the upper lip which resembles such a bow.
- n. A similar curve carved in woodwork, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a curved bow with reversed curve ends
- n. the double curve of the upper lip when considered to resemble Cupid's bow
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.