from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mythology The Babylonian god of primordial waters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Name of Enki in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. the Akkadian god of wisdom; son of Apsu and father of Marduk; counterpart of the Sumerian Enki.
- proper n. the Babylonian god of waters and one of the supreme triad including Anu and Bel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A common English digraph, introduced about the beginning of the sixteenth century, having then the sound of ā, and serving to distinguish e or ee with that sound from e or ee with the sound of ē.
- An abbreviation of each.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Babylonian god of wisdom; son of Apsu and father of Marduk; counterpart of the Sumerian Enki; as one of the supreme triad including Anu and Bel he was assigned control of the watery element
Ea is at odds with Enlil, the Sumerian King of Gods who is sidelined and superceded by the younger, more dynamic Marduk of "The Epic of Creation".
He whose fathers have given him such a splendid name/Shall have the name Ea, just like me.
" N-e 1 " +44 (-) 792-561196 n-e 2 "RINGDOWN Uploaded at 04: 04: 27 on 29-Jul-95. if YOu WAnNa "Ea" ThIS fiLe 7hEn -oWNLoa" iT!
In other countries there are homologous deities, such as Ea, Tammuz, Adonis, and Attis, which are certainly manifestations of the same idea and sprung from the same source.
Music is composed by Nguyen Xuan Son and Ea Sola, who also directs the video installations.
French-Vietnamese choreographer Ea Sola first created this meditation on war and imperialism in 1995, using a language of hypnotic grace and raw physicality to evoke the history of Vietnam in the second half of the 20th century.
UDURTAR-GUL-ANA: These storms obviously signal the displeasure of the cosmological triad Marduk, Anu, and Ea, so you may want to increase your portfolio's exposure into energy derivatives.
Somehow or other Fogg's trip around a creation is no small gamble though a race to! save Ea rth!
Babylonians, and Ea, too, was ours, supreme in the Under World, who enabled Ishtar to conquer death.
Mr. Vick ' s outing at FedEx Field, in the Ea gles ' 59-28 crushing of the Redskins, was certainly heartburn-inducing for any coach not named Andy Reid.