from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Roman Catholic Church The doctrine that the Virgin Mary was conceived free from all stain of original sin.
- n. December 8, on which the feast of the Immaculate Conception is celebrated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The doctrine, in the Roman Catholic Church, that the Virgin Mary was conceived free from original sin
- proper n. December 8th (The Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the doctrine that the Virgin Mary was conceived without original sin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Christianity) the Roman Catholic dogma that God preserved the Virgin Mary from any stain of original sin from the moment she was conceived
- n. Roman Catholic holy day first celebrated in 1854
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.