Kennelly-Heaviside layer love

Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!

Kennelly-Heaviside layer


from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. See E layer.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a region of the ionosphere (from 50 to 90 miles up) that reflects radio waves of medium length


After Edwin Kennelly (1861-1939), American physicist, and Oliver Heaviside (1850-1925), British physicist.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.