from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. length of stay
- abbr. line of scrimmage
- abbr. line of sight
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Initialism of Level of Service. This is a measure by which transportation planners reckon the quality of service on transportation devices.
- Initialism of Line-of-Sight. This is an uninterrupted virtual line of observation.
- Initialism of Loan Origination System. This is a software application or ASP solution for originating loans.
- Initialism of Loss of Signal.
- Initialism of Law of the Sea.
- Initialism of Line of Supply. This is the transportation infrastructure that supports a military unit.
- Initialism of Large Offspring Syndrome. This is a phenomenon found occasionally in calves and lambs that are born to parents which have been cloned or otherwise subject to embryo manipulation.
- Initialism of Murtala Mohammed International Airport. This is the IATA airport code for this airport in Lagos, Nigeria.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The Mean Beverly Hills yesterday, where she learned she had violated the terms LOS ANGELES - Lindsay Lohan is getting another chance.
April 6th in LOS ANGELES at BARNES AND NOBLE #2743 @ 7 PM: 7881 Edinger Ave.,
"Number 19" in LOS ANGELES NOIR, edited by Denise Hamilton.
Enemies just stop attacking them and go on their teammate when they try to LOS, which is usually much worse because now they are far away from the battle.
Jesse Eisenberg Fesses Up: I Did Have A Facebook Account In Someone Else's Name LOS ANGELES, Calif.
On the TVfool listings you will see line of sight "LOS", "1-edge", "2-edge" etc. to describe terrain blockage.
LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles-area school has been named for late calculus teacher Jaime Escalante, whose story about pushing underachieving students to succeed was chronicled in the 1988 hit movie "Stand and Deliver."
LOS ANGELES -- Local police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation on Saturday said they were looking for a suspect in connection with an explosion earlier in the week near a Santa Monica synagogue.
LOS ANGELES Reuters - Surprise summer hit "The Help" retained the No. 1 spot at movie theater box offices on Sunday, beating back three newcomers and appearing headed for victory over a long U.S. holiday weekend.
LOS ANGELES—A 4.2-magnitude earthquake gave Los Angeles a mild but discernible shake Thursday afternoon.