from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Latin American.
- n. A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States. See Usage Note at Hispanic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of Latin American descent.
- n. A person from Latin America.
- n. A person residing in the United States, who is of Latin American descent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native of Latin America
- n. an artificial language based on words common to the Romance languages
- adj. related to a Spanish-speaking people or culture
Now, "LATINO IN AMERICA" features a star-studded line up of Latino celebrities, including George Lopez, for example.
ERICA BERNAL MARTINEZ, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LATINO ELECTED OFFICIALS: On February 5, whichever candidate manages to capture the majority of Latino voters is well on their way to being the next president of the United States.
ARTURO VARGAS, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LATINO ELECTED OFFICIALS: It would be a mistake for Senator Clinton to believe that she has the Latino vote sewn up.
OF LATINO ELECTED OFFICIALS: We're now going to see both Senators McCain and Obama, campaigning strongly for the Latino vote in a way that no presidential campaign has done before.
OF LATINO ELECTED OFFICIALS: It would be a mistake for Senator Clinton to believe that she has the Latino vote sewn up and it would be a mistake for Senator Obama to think it's out of reach.
GEORGIA LATINO FORUM: Three years ago an historic summit of Latino and Latino serving organizations in Georgia took place.
Some even find the term Latino or Hispanic too confining.
Rather than write about more universal subject matter, he lazily substituted the word Latino for Mexican, which any Mexican or Latino knows is not the same thing.
The group would take the name Latino World Order, after the New World Order.
Some may believe that the term Latino is a unifying factor for the people living in Latin America and it is; for the whites living on our land not us.