from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Latin Magister Scientiae (Master of Science)
- abbr. Mississippi
- abbr. multiple sclerosis
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Montserrat.
- n. Symbol for the megasiemens, an SI unit of electrical conductance equal to 106 siemens.
- abbr. Mississippi, a state of the United States of America.
- abbr. Master of Science.
- abbr. Middle School.
- abbr. Mint State - a grading term used in numismatics
- abbr. Morphine. (Morphine Sulfate)
- abbr. Multiple sclerosis, a chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease
- abbr. Motor Ship - motor ship - diesel engined ship
- abbr. Mato Grosso do Sul, a state of Brazil.
- abbr. Mini-sheet.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In anticipation of the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, last week the Ms. Foundation for Women convened a small group of community based activists in Gulfport, MS, to train them in the art of radio documentary.
Our chief assistance, however, has been drawn from a MS belonging to the Editor, denoted, when cited, by the signature _MS.
I only hope you DID NOT put some of your observations of how easy it is to go down in a boom in the letters or you are right and people are trying to figure out what MS is code for right now "I think is it a new explosive!"
I do agree that using $ in MS is a bit of a childish way of arguing.
Clearly, I've earned the right not wear the label MS Fanboi? or would you like more proof?
There were a lot of blue counties in MS in 2004, especially in my area (NW MS aka “the delta”). every western county in ms went for kerry (predominately african american, plus hinds cty home of jackson our capital city). musgrove was good, william winter and bill waller, too.
The drug is already sold as Campath to treat a type of blood cancer, but late-stage data in MS will be available in mid-2011.
If you are just awful at spelling, write your cover letter in MS Word or download that upgrade to Safari or Firefox or God forbid Internet Explorer that shows you when words are misspelled.
I format the manuscript in MS Word, based on house style, putting it into final book form, with small design variations based on themes, or series design, and a preliminary copyedit.
Are you guys seriously debating a picture that someone made in MS Paint?