from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. From, of or pertaining to Missouri.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the state of Missouri.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A resident of Missouri.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the State of Missouri or the river Missouri.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Missouri, one of the United States west of the Mississippi and south of Iowa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or resident of Missouri
Like many FDR aides and Washington political pundits, Donovan thought the Missourian was a provincial politician unqualified to be president.
Mormons all voted one way: this was denied with warmth; a violent contest ensued, when, at last, the Mormon called the Missourian a liar.
This was denied with warmth; a violent contest ensued, when, at last, the Mormon called the Missourian a liar.
The court said a 1970 Corvette convertible advertised in "good" condition on eBay by a Montville car dealer and pumpkin farmer and sold to a Missourian was a "textbook" case of what is covered by the Consumer Fraud Act. The unanimous decision determined the act affects merchandise sold online.
F.J. Delano, vice president of the railroad, and Henry Miller, general manager, called the Missourian to personally pledge that improvements would be made at the station.
The Missourian is a not-for-profit corporation owned by the Missouri Publishing Association, whose board serves in an advising capacity.
- have university officials demanding a new approach at the Missourian, which is owned by a non-profit corporation but receives a $250,000 yearly subsidy from the school.
Harry Truman, the imminently quotable Missourian, is failing to receive the online attention one might expect.
Schantag, the Missourian who uncovers POW frauds, tells of the
Truman, a plainspoken Missourian, could connect with working-class voters in a way Mr. Obama never has and never will.