from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The area historically known as Judea, which was promised to the Israelites by God according to oral tradition recorded in the Book of Genesis.
- proper n. America.
- n. Any place to which one eagerly seeks to go and which one expects to greatly improve one's situation.
- n. Heaven or the afterlife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. See Land of promise, under Land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any place of complete bliss and delight and peace
- n. the goal towards which Christians strive
- n. an ancient country in southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean Sea; a place of pilgrimage for Christianity and Islam and Judaism
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.