from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of some 25 Native American peoples, including the Hopi, Zuñi, and Taos, living in established villages in northern and western New Mexico and northeast Arizona. The Pueblo are considered to be descendants of the cliff-dwelling Anasazi peoples and are noted for their skilled craft in pottery, basketry, weaving, and metalworking.
- n. A member of any of these peoples.
- n. A permanent village or community of any of the Pueblo peoples, typically consisting of multilevel adobe or stone apartment dwellings of terraced design clustered around a central plaza.
- A city of southeast-central Colorado south-southeast of Colorado Springs. It is a shipping and industrial center for an irrigated agricultural region. Population: 104,000.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A communistic building erected by certain Indian tribes of Arizona and New Mexico. It is often of large size and several stories high, and is usually built either of stone or adobe. The term is also applied to any Indian village in the same region.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Spanish America, a municipality; a town or village; any inhabited place.
- n. [capitalized] A Pueblo Indian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of any of about two dozen Native American peoples called `Pueblos' by the Spanish because they live in pueblos (villages built of adobe and rock)
- n. a city in Colorado to the south of Colorado Springs
- n. a communal village built by Indians in the southwestern United States
Taos Pueblo, an ancient pueblo belonging to a Taos speaking Native American tribe of Pueblo people.
PUEBLO - A flock of tropical birds rescued from a condemned Pueblo home this week are being treated for an infectious virus.
PUEBLO - Three more people have been arrested in the December killing of a Pueblo man found burned in his home.
PUEBLO, Colorado - A new wind turbine plant coming to Pueblo has drawn overwhelming interest among jobseekers, a surge attributed to the poor economy and layoffs in Colorado's gas and oil industry.
PUEBLO - A new wind turbine plant coming to Pueblo has drawn overwhelming interest among jobseekers, a surge attributed to the poor economy and layoffs in Colorado's gas and oil industry.
PUEBLO - Southbound traffic on I-25 is beginning to improve through Pueblo as all lanes are now back open.
PUEBLO - School officials in Pueblo are talking about four-day school weeks next year to save money.
PUEBLO - A Colorado Department of Transportation employee was backed over and killed by a fellow employee working in the cone-zone in the 200 block of South I-25 in Pueblo.
Search local dealer inventory and private seller listings PUEBLO - A Pueblo police officer remains on leave following the apparent accidental shooting of his wife.
PUEBLO - A convicted felon expected to testify against his former co-defendants in a Pueblo murder case is missing and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.