from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Rhine River or the lands bordering on it.
- n. See Rhine wine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. From, residing or located by, or pertaining to the Rhine.
- n. wine from the area around the Rhine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the river Rhine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Rhine, a river of Europe which rises in Switzerland, traverses Germany and the Netherlands, and empties into the North Sea.
- n. Rhine or Rhenish wine. See wine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the Rhine River and the lands adjacent to it
- n. any of several white wines from the Rhine River valley in Germany (`hock' is British usage)
It is known as a Rhenish helm – a style imported from the Rhineland in the time of Edward the Confessor, and this is the only surviving British example.
Symphony No. 3 in E flat Major "Rhenish" - our bi-polar Renaissance man was all happy when he wrote this one.
By this Act the Kings of Bavaria and Würtemberg, the Elector of Baden, and thirteen minor princes, united themselves, in the League known as the Rhenish Confederacy, under the protection of the French Emperor, and undertook to furnish contingents, amounting to 63,000 men, in all wars in which the French Empire should engage.
[bo] ttles of Hock alias Rhenish [wine] - folio 41 recto -
Goeschen took the Thalia (dropping the 'Rhenish'),
Göschen took the _Thalia_ (dropping the 'Rhenish'), Schiller paid his more pressing debts, and early in April was on his way to Leipzig, panting for the new friends as the hart panteth after the water-brooks.
"Symphony No. 3 in E flat major (" Rhenish "), Op. 97 [Lebhaft]"
American free enterprise works, and so does Swedish social democracy, the interventionist "Rhenish" model works, and so does the quite different Japanese version.
Five surprisesProm 15 Wed 28 JulySchumann and Colin Matthews, BBC Symphony Orchestra/KnussenFabulous violinist Leila Josefowicz gives the London premiere of Colin Matthews's Violin Concerto in a concert of Zimmermann, Birtwistle and Schumann's "Rhenish" Symphony.
SCHUMANN: Symphony No. 3 in E-flat Major, Op. 97 "Rhenish"; RAVEL: Daphnis et Chloe -- Suite No. 2; RESPIGHI: Feste Romane - NBC Symphony Orchestra/Arturo Toscanini - Opus