from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Ryder, Albert Pinkham 1847-1917. American painter known for his rhythmic allegorical works, landscapes, and marine scenes, such as Toilers of the Sea (c. 1884).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An occupational surname for a rider, cavalryman, or knight.
- proper n. A male given name, modern transferred use of the surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A clause added to a document; a rider. See rider.
- n. A gold coin of Zealand [Netherlands] equal to 14 florins, about $5.60 (ca. 1910).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of rider.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Europe presently leads the U.S. team 12-9 in Ryder Cup play.
The United States has moved into a tie (at 13 1/2 points) with Europe in Ryder Cup play, thanks to Rickie Fowler's surprising play and Zach Johnson's victory.
If the United States can rally to win, it would be the second-largest comeback in Ryder Cup history (the 1999 team rallied from four points back).
And Rem Ryder is editor of the "American Journalism Review."
Rem Ryder is editor of the "American Journalism Review" at the University of Maryland.
The emergence of Phil Kessel as a true superstar, and the comeback season Michael Ryder is having has added punch up front, where Marc Savard and David Krejci have anchored the offense since the beginning of the season.
NEWPORT, Wales — The first Monday finish in Ryder Cup history produced arguably the most exciting conclusion in 83 years of this biennial intercontinental dust-up, as Europe won the trophy by a single point despite an extraordinary comeback by Team USA.
Mr. Woods, whose only previous defeat in Ryder Cup singles matches came against Italy's Constantino Rocca in 1997, found himself two down against the Italian Francesco Molinari after two holes, but five birdies and an eagle over the final seven holes helped him win his match 4 & 3.
Zach Ryder is sporting a new look and is talking crap about how great he is going to be and such.
There was the good ol 'boy from the Florida panhandle, who started the tense day by becoming the first golfer in Ryder Cup history to put his driver between his legs and ride an imaginary horse down the No. 1 fairway.