from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. short ton
- abbr. standard time
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Sao Tome and Principe.
- n. Saxony-Anhalt, a federal state of Germany.
- n. Central Sulawesi, a province of Indonesia.
- Star Trek
- short tons
- abbr. Atari ST
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation:
- n. of saint;
- n. of street;
- n. of strait;
- n. of stanza;
- n. of stet;
- n. of statute.
- Same as hist.
- See -est.
- See -est.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Sacræ or Sacrosanctæ Theologiæ Doctor, Doctor of Sacred Theology.
- n. An abbreviation of Sacræ or Sacrosanctæ Theologiæ. Professor, Professor of Sacred Theology.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Sacræ Theologiæ Baccalaureus, Bachelor of Sacred Theology.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Sacræ Theologiæ Licentiatus, licentiate in sacred theology
- n. of the Latin Sacræ Theologiæ Lector, reader or professor of sacred theology.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Sacræ Theologiæ Magister, master of sacred theology.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Translated into English, that means that if there's an electrical signal in the heart, and one part of the ECG -- which we call the ST segment -- elevates, that is a sure sign of a heart attack.
ST is supposed to do future planning on this corridor soon and it is likely it will show up in future ST expansion votes.
ST is also supposed to be looking at this corridor soon and the City may study it again as part of the mayor's plans.
The tunnel through Cap Hill for ST is about $1. 2B over the original budget and serious construction is just underway.
I wasn't surprised, because producer Ronald Moore had been involved in ST: DS9, in which we were treated to the perspective of those who believed the worm hole aliens were gods and those who did not, and saw Ben gradually move from one camp to the other -- which I found one of the most interesting parts of DS9.
With David's advice, though, he finally learns the lesson Spock tried to teach him, both on his birthday and (as revealed in ST '09) all those years ago.
One great thing about the crowd tonight was that there were many people in ST costumes themselves.
I hated the Crusher kid in ST: TNG, thought that the rugrat in War Of The Worlds was gonna pierce my eardrums with her screeching, and absolutely detested Invasion (or whatever the hell the aliens-under-the-sea show was called).
A perfect formula for sprawl, which ST is supposedly about stopping.
(I hear ST is releasing a study on the latter, and will reserve judgment until I've read it.) local grrl