from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the islands of Samoa.
- adj. Of or relating to the country of Samoa or the territory of American Samoa.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the islands or country of Samoa.
- n. The Polynesian language of the Samoans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Samoa or of Samoan descent.
- proper n. The Samoan language.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Samoa, the Samoan people or the Samoan language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Samoan Islands (formerly called Navigators' Islands) in the South Pacific Ocean, or their inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Samoa (also called the Samoan or Navigators' Islands), an island kingdom of the Pacific, lying about latitude 14° south, longitude 169° to 173° west. It is under the supervision of the United States, Great Britain. and Germany.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Samoa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of the Samoan Islands
- adj. of or relating to Samoa or its people or language or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Yes, It is very indeed sad for people in Samoan really so awful struck earthquake/Tsunami … ..
Show some pity on those persons bilingual in Samoan who have been sadly disappointed with their resume rejections with the CIA since 9/11 too, Lisa.
So I called my Samoan cook, Harry, to learn what he knew about the matter.
The assailant is described as a Samoan or Pacific Islander in his late 20s, with a goatee and ponytail, who stands more than 6 feet tall and weighs more than 220 pounds.
Mile High Milo, Ty called the Samoan bouncer who filled up the entryway.
The Samoan was the most interesting, taking his palagi woman to native places where no one else was Caucasian, and doing physical things like sailing and swimming.
But the special delight of the Samoan is the _malanga_.
In the beating in an upper-level bathroom, police were looking for a man described as a Samoan or Pacific Islander in his late 20s, with a goatee and a ponytail, who stands more than 6 feet tall and weighs more than 220 pounds.
One is described as a Samoan male about 18 or 19 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 130 pounds.
My father went away in anger, and then the chiefs decided that although the white man could not wed me, he should be received with great honour, and be given many presents; for he was known to us as a man of great strength and daring, and was tattooed like a Samoan, which is a great thing to the mind of a Samoan woman, who loathes an untattooed man as unworthy of all that a woman can give, for without tattooing a young man hath no manhood, and his children are weak of body and poor of mind.