from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- An island state of southeast Australia consisting of the island of Tasmania along with several smaller islands and separated from the mainland by Bass Strait. Abel Tasman explored the island in 1642, naming it Van Diemen's Land. It was renamed in his honor in 1856. Tasmania joined Australia in 1901. Hobart is the capital.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun One of the six federal states of
Australia, consisting of one large, eponymous and several much smaller islands, off the eastern part of Australia's south coast, having its capital at Hobart.
- proper noun The large island comprising the majority of the state of Tasmania's land area and on which most of its inhabitants live.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an Australian state on the island of Tasmania
- noun an island off the southeastern coast of Australia
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Geographically, Tasmania is separated from the rest of Australian land.
Tasmania is about 35,000 square miles, about the size of Hungary or Portugal both of which support populations of about 10 million with no real crowding.
Could there be, somewhere in Tasmania, or even mainland Australia or New Guinea, a surviving population of the largest modern marsupial carnivore?
Since there's not much to shop in Tasmania, you r actually leaving for good!
Q: Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population?
Police found a leech at the scene of a robbery in Tasmania eight years ago.
I have grown up in Tasmania on the east coast and the light and shade of a kelp forest or the whispering of a seabreeze through pine trees that edge a beach, the chuckle as waves push and pull at shell-grit: even now, those are the sounds that ground me when I am slightly worn out.
The Free Comic Book Day site lists 16 different cities across Australia which are taking part in the promotion (though Tasmania is apparently a city, presumably reflecting some dodgy data entry).
All I know of his private life is that he has a life companion (male) and they live a very steady, peaceful, creative life in Tasmania, Australia.
ZDNet reports that activist group Digital Tasmania is seeking a commitment from both sides of politics to review the law following the election, which is expected to be tightly contested.