from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Spain near the Tagus River south-southwest of Madrid. It fell to the Romans in 193 B.C. and was later the capital of the Visigoth kingdom (534-712). As a Moorish capital (712-1031) it was a center of Arab and Hebrew learning. Population: 78,600.
- A city of northwest Ohio on Lake Erie. It is one of the major shipping centers of the Great Lakes. Population: 298,000.
- n. A fine-tempered sword or steel sword blade made in Toledo, Spain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Castile-La Mancha, Spain
- proper n. A city in Ohio, United States
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sword or sword blade made at Toledo in Spain, which city was famous in the 16th and 17th centuries for the excellence of its weapons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sword-blade made, or supposed to be made, at Toledo in Spain, or a sword having such a blade; a Toledo blade or sword.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in central Spain on the Tagus river; famous for steel and swords since the first century
- n. an industrial city in northwestern Ohio on Lake Erie
Sorry, no etymologies found.
TOLEDO - The Miami Hurricanes will play at Toledo in 2015 in what's sure to be the highest-profile home football game in the Ohio school's history.
TOLEDO NEEDS BOOST: Toledo has hired Wisconsin-Green Bay Coach Tod Kowalczyk to revive its men's basketball team after the worst season in school history.
TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Toledo police are investigating the alleged theft of thousands of dollars from the Girl Scouts.
TOLEDO, Ohio, July 5 (UPI) -- Dozens of firefighters from four departments worked Monday to extinguish a fire at a popular shooting range and gun shop in Toledo, Ohio, authorities said.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Home and business owners whose properties were damaged by a storm that hit the Toledo area in June will be able to get government backed loans.
TOLEDO - Justin Greene and Tyree Evans scored 14 points each to lead Kent State to a 69-49 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 6: 44 p.m. TOLEDO, Ohio - Justin Greene and Tyree Evans scored 14 points each to lead Kent State to a 69-49 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
TOLEDO, Ohio - New non-stop air service between Toledo and Newark will begin one month later than expected and under a different name.
TOLEDO (WTOL) - Passions heat up over a south Toledo high school.
TOLEDO (WTOL) - Betty Marlowe, 84, has worked the last 68 years at Perfect Measuring Tape in Toledo.