from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- abbreviation Veterans Administration
- abbreviation vicar apostolic
- abbreviation Virginia
- abbreviation volt-ampere
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In music, go on; continue: as, va crescendo, go on increasing the strength of tone; va rallentando, continue dragging the time.
- An abbreviation [lowercase] of viola
- of Virginia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
ISO3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for the Holy See.
- initialism US, government Veterans Administration, the government department of
- initialism management Value Analysis
- initialism music
- abbreviation geography
Virginia, a state of the United States of America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a state in the eastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies; one of the Confederate States in the American Civil War
- noun the United States federal department responsible for the interests of military veterans; created in 1989
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Given that a lot of them were Scots-Irish in western PA, Ohio, IN, W Va, western VA, and right down the Appalachians to Georgia and Tenn, one of his problems was that he didn't seem "American" enough to that demographic.
The 175-acre medical campus off Charles Town Road (W.Va. 9) is home to the largest post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) treatment program of its kind in the VA system, officials said last week.
Fabio Vladimir 50 M 23452 Va Beach VA 1: 18: 41 1 56 47 12
Get your Maverick butts to the polls and Vote November 4th. kerry did far better among the military vote in Va, relative to obama. can't deny that there was some resentment from the military for bush in va, and he still won. it is a huge demographic in VA, and I honestly see mccain doing far better than bush.
The Gov. race in VA, is attracting huge responses form our own unscientific survey.
I also might add that according to the US Dept. of Labor, unemployment in VA is lower for July 2009 than it was in June 2009.
The Democratic party leadership in VA is asleep at the wheel.
By definition, reckless in VA is 20 or more over the posted speed limit - IF the officer decides to charge it that way and IF the judge decides to convict you that way.
Do you really think the hard right in VA is further from the middle than the hard left?
My wife and I are owners of a medical billing service and the claim denial from the VA is appalling.