from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Roman numeral representing forty-nine (49).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A simplified spelling of ill.
- n. An unusual and un-English assimilation of in- before l, after the analogy of or by confusion with il-, il-: perhaps only in the rare and obsolete illighten for inlighten, enlighten (compare alighten).
- n. An assimilation (in Latin, etc.) of in- before l. (See in-.) In the following words, in the etymology, the prefix il- is usually referred directly to the original in-.
- n. An assimilation (in Latin, etc.) of the negative or privative prefix in- before l. (See in-.) In the following words, in the etymology, the prefix il- is usually referred directly to the original in-.
- n. A suffix of Latin origin, forming in Latin adjectives and nouns derived from them, and less frequently nouns directly from verbs and nouns, many of which formations have come into English.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a midwestern state in north-central United States
- adj. being nine more than forty
Sorry, no etymologies found.
 _Cuir_ is an expression used to denote the error in speaking, which consists -- in French -- in pronouncing a _t_ for an _s_, and vice versa at the end of words which are joined in pronunciation to the next word: _e. g., il étai-z-à la campagne_ for _il était à la campagne_.
"_Dans ce moment le_ [mais ce] pauvre _habit_ [froc] gris est pour lui comme le manteau d'Elijah; il l'enveloppe d'inspiration; _il_ [Pierre] lit dans l'avenir; il voit Jerusalem delivree; [il voit] le saint sepulcre libre; il voit le Croissant argent est arrache du Temple, et l'Oriflamme et la Croix rouge sont etabli a sa place; non-seulement
He had attended divine service at St. Paul's, which he called il Duomo di
Now that Kim Jong-il is in bad health, a successor must be prepared.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is believed to be in China, according to the South Korean news agency Yonhap.
In “Bandhobi,” director Shin Dong-il translates to screen “uncomfortable” issues of illegal immigration, racism and social toadyism through the universal languages of ticklish humor, teenage angst and priceless friendship.
Kim Jong-il is far more selfish and corrupt than his father, and is considered less compassionate toward the common people outside of Pyongyang.
Huevos Albañil is my usual order at both the Cafe of the Gran Hotel and at El Camino Real, both in or near Pátzcuaro.
In making "real" caponata, olive il is used in a manner that can only be described as abundant, bountiful, copious!
Il ajoute qu'on a voulu donner le change sur la situation de la république; enfin il annonce qu'il proposera les seules mesures propres à sauver la patrie.