from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Veda or Vedas, the variety of Sanskrit in which they are written, or the Hindu culture that produced them.
- n. The early Sanskrit in which the Vedas are written.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Vedas
- adj. Of or relating to the Sanskrit language of the Vedas
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Of or pertaining to the Vedas or one of the Vedas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to a Veda or the Vedas: as, the Vedic hymns.
- n. Vedic Sanskrit; Sanskrit of the earliest recorded form preserved in the Vedas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the Vedas or to the ancient Sanskrit in which they were written
Vedas, still there is such agreement on cardinal points as against later Sanskrit that the term Vedic, which is in common use for the oldest form of the language of India, is amply justified.
Vastu, which is the inspiration behind the Chinese tradition of feng shui, originated in the Indian subcontinent during the flourishing Vedic civilization, which many scholars and archaeologists now date back as early as 6000 B.C. The word Vedic comes from veda, a Sanskrit word that means “knowledge.”
Vedas and that the term Vedic astrology is Best Astrology and Horoscope site on the web including, daily horoscopes, weekly horoscopes, personal horoscopes, year ahead horoscopes, Our experts follows Vedic Indian astrology system, nearly 7000 years old, which Get your vedic analysis based on our rich experience.
This one's been doing the rounds, but here you go anyway: The earliest written record of humans’ kissing appears in Vedic Sanskrit texts — in India — from around 1500 B.C., where certain passages refer to lovers “setting mouth to mouth,” according to Mr. Bryant.
Something called the Vedic Planetarium is going to be built very soon in Mayapur, India.
A more recent Indian contribution to the world of numbers is a set of arithmetical tricks collectively known as Vedic mathematics.
Four years ago when the Central Horticulture Sub-tropical ResearchInstitute (CHSRI) gave the idea of Vedic farming to farmers in Unnao, Ramesh was among the many who took up to farming according to this method.
It encompasses all that applies to traditions commonly called Vedic, past, present and future, any where in the world.
He called my Vedic work my "Divine mission," that I should follow out.
As this system characterized the early period when the oldest Vedic hymns were composed, it is known as the Vedic religion.