from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of east-central Rhode Island on Narragansett Bay south of Providence. Settled in 1643, it is a manufacturing center and a summer resort. Population: 85,900.
- Warwick, Earl of. Title of Richard Neville. Known as "the Kingmaker.” 1428-1471. English military and political leader who fought for the Yorkists during the Wars of the Roses and secured the throne for Edward IV (1461). He then changed allegiance and restored the Lancastrian Henry VI to the throne (1470). He was killed in the Battle of Barnet, which regained the throne for Edward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The county town of Warwickshire, England.
- proper n. A habitational surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English statesman; during the War of the Roses he fought first for the house of York and secured the throne for Edward IV and then changed sides to fight for the house of Lancaster and secured the throne for Henry VI (1428-1471)
Charity Partnering with Senator Bill Frist, M.D. and others to help provide emergency assistance and 100,000 pairs of new shoes wARWICK Blood center open at Crowne Plaza The Rhode Island Blood Center, whose Warwick donor center at the Warwick Mall was flooded out last week, will open a temporary center at the Crowne Plaza Dominican Republic Beginning March 12 ...
WARWICK - A house fire in Warwick, R.I., has left five people dead, including a 7-month-old baby.
Kevin Warwick is Professor in the field of Cybernetics at the University of Reading, England and is director of the KTP centre (Knowledge Transfer Partnerships centre), an organisation which strives for better interaction between the academic world and business world.
Oh, on the way down we stopped at Newbury Comics in Warwick and got a copy of Låt den rätte komma in on DVD.
So, if you're in Warwick, RI, and want a signed copy, they might still have one or two.
On the way home, we stopped at the Barnes and Noble in Warwick, because I'm getting all these reports of premature shelving on The Red Tree.
But it seems that the B&N at Warwick is sticking to schedule.
Sirenia Digest #44 went out to subscribers late last night, after our third trip to the Geek Squad in Warwick (Spooky's laptop now has a shiny new hd).
(Warwick is also pronounced Worrick, not War-wick).
The former Republican senator-turned-independent will officially jump into the race at an event in Warwick, where he once served as mayor.