from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covering an entire surface: wallpaper with an all-over pattern; an allover tan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. over the whole area or extent
- adj. everywhere
- adj. in every respect; utterly
- adj. ended
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. covering the entire surface.
- adv. over the whole extent; thoroughly; wholly.
- adv. Wholly over; at an end.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The trade-name of a gilt button washed or plated on both the upper and under sides, as distinguished from a top, which is plated or washed on the upper side only.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. over the entire area
- adv. to or in any or all places
- adj. having come or been brought to a conclusion
- adj. covering the entire surface
As soon as we reached open air, Parker gave an all-over body shudder.
Are you at least clad in an all-over protective body helmet?
In the videos below, Gaga talks about her obsession with music, likening it to being addicted to alcohol or food, in an all-over hounds-tooth outfit -- and we do mean all-over, even the star's glasses are covered in the pattern.
Your pajamas are brown with an all-over pattern of moose and bear silhouettes, probably men pajamas, but she is a little male, with the exception of some pretty bodacious boobs.
I asked Gavin Brown about whether or not GBE would sue if an artist took Pruitt's panda repeat and used it as an all-over pattern for a t-shirt.
Baked in a heart-shaped pan for the holiday, the recipe for a simple vanilla cake that is studded all-over with fresh raspberries can easily be adapted into a standard round cake pan so that you can enjoy it any day of the year.
Kate went the simplest route, with a structured black topper with a swooping brim; Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, went for all-over feathers; and Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, caught our attention in a spiky silver creation that reminded us of a fairytale dragon.
At his "Blow Up" exhibition at the Musée d'Art Moderne in Paris four years ago, he revisited 11 all-over paintings from 1952 by blowing them up to four times their original size.
The all-over Spandex was an audacious look, even for someone with as much sartorial courage as Mariah girl gave birth to twins just this year!
A group of rural markets, painted on paper, and related lithographs, made in the 1880s and '90s, are notably vigorous, with their all-over expanses of densely packed figures.