from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light with a reflector and lens mounted on the front of a locomotive, automobile, or other vehicle. Also called headlamp.
- n. A lamp mounted on a miner's or spelunker's hard hat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bright light, with a lens and reflector, on the front of a motor vehicle (or originally a train), designed to illuminate the road when driving at night; normally one of a pair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light, with a powerful reflector, placed at the front of a vehicle such as an automobile, truck, locomotive etc., to throw light on the road or track ahead of the vehicle at night, or in going through a dark tunnel; a headlamp.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large lamp or lantern and reflector carried on the front of a locomotive and serving to illuminate the track by night.
- n. A white light carried at a steamer's masthead when under way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a powerful light with reflector; attached to the front of an automobile or locomotive
Sorry, no etymologies found.
J yeah i def like these commercials. were the wallflowers a one hit wonder? they had like 3 singles in the top 5. that album with one headlight is awesome. more like one album wonder.
He says it runs okay but the headlight is broken and he will have to get it fixed so he can go squirrel hunting Saturday night.
The headlight was a powerful electric one, with a black cap over the lens.
"I can definitely say that driving without a headlight was a contributing factor,"
There are three types of lights available, namely headlight, scenelight and cameralight.
The headlight is a characteristic feature of the face of the Multistrada 1200; its symmetrical layout uses four halogen lamps, two for low and two for high beam to provide excellent illumination.
My husband also wears his "headlight" all over the place, in the house even!
After considerable study, the optimum shape was found to be the Soyuz 'headlight' shape - a hemispherical forward area joined by a barely angled cone 7 degrees to a classic spherical section heat shield.
PeriOptix 'latest product is the next generation portable LED headlight which is significantly smaller and lighter than most other LED headlights.
It gives new meaning to the term "headlight" by actually emitting light that can help Kratos detect secret doors and passages.