from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American confederacy formerly inhabiting south-central Kansas and later moving southward into Oklahoma and Texas, with a present-day population in southwest Oklahoma.
- n. A member of this confederacy.
- n. The Caddoan language of the Wichita.
- A city of south-central Kansas on the Arkansas River southwest of Kansas City. It was founded in the 1860s on the site of an earlier Wichita Village and boomed as a cow town after the coming of the railroad in 1872. Population: 358,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A tribe of Native Americans, most populous in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- proper n. Their Caddoan language, which is almost extinct.
- n. A member of this tribe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the largest city in Kansas; located in southern Kansas on the Arkansas River
- n. the Caddoan language spoken by the Wichita
- n. a member of the Caddo people formerly living between Kansas and central Texas
WICHITA, KS - JULY 9, 2010: Diego Ballesteros from Spain left in his bed at Wesley Hospital reacts to a shirt signed by people from Wichita as Ben Sciortino right which is fronting the money for Ballesteros to return home to Spain on his last day in
WICHITA, KS - JULY 9, 2010: Diego Ballesteros from Spain left in his bed at Wesley Hospital talks with Doug and Julie Alliman on his last day in Wichita, Kansas on
WICHITA | A former Wichita municipal court officer who took bribes to alter computerized records is expected to learn her punishment this week.
WICHITA - Wichita police are warning local businesses to beware of a caller using a TTDY system to ask for help with car trouble.
WICHITA - Saturday night's Alan Jackson concert at the new Hartman Arena will go on as scheduled -- as long as Jackson makes it to Wichita after his show tonight in St. Louis.
WICHITA | A Wichita woman who accused a police officer of offering to get a case dismissed in exchange for sex apparently secretly recorded their conversations.
WICHITA | Two people were killed and seven wounded in a shooting during a wake at a house in Wichita, police said.
WICHITA - A heat lamp caught hay on fire in a small barn in far west Wichita this morning, authorities said, and the resulting fire destroyed the building.
WICHITA - Wichita police arrested three people in Old Town on Sunday in an incident that began when a man threw an inflatable penis at an officer's horse.
WICHITA - For the past decade, some of the most troubled convicts released from state prisons have lived temporarily in a Wichita group home.