from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A name for God assumed by modern scholars to be a convention for pronouncing the Tetragrammaton.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. the name of the God of Israel worshipped by the Jahwist prophets in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah in antiquity
- proper n. in "Sacred Name Bibles", translating the Tetragrammaton
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A modern transliteration of the Hebrew word translated Jehovah in the Bible; -- used by some critics to discriminate the tribal god of the ancient Hebrews from the Christian Jehovah. Yahweh or Yahwe is the spelling now generally adopted by scholars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a name for the God of the Old Testament as transliterated from the Hebrew consonants YHVH
YISRAYL HAWKINS, LEADER OF THE HOUSE OF YAHWEH, FACING UP TO 100 YEARS FOR BIGAMY: Yahweh is allowing sin to take place.
For Christians, the name Jesus does not point to an invisible, enthroned deity who can save—as the name Yahweh did.
Like the Hebrews who refused to utter the name of Yahweh, the Bushmen have long known the wisdom of having respect names.
The assumption that Yahweh is derived from the verb “to be”, as seems to be implied in Exod.iii. 14 seq., is not free from difficulty.
Theologically, House of Yahweh is a cult of Christianity
The only reason people believe that Yahweh is “male” is because he was the “son” of the mother goddess Asherah the “true god (dess) and creator” of the Caananite religion.
Does it matter whether you believe in Yahweh or Vishnu?
Yahweh is a Johnny-come-lately among the ancient gods.
So either disavow that "proof" or accept that Yahweh is not the supreme being.
Prophet Yahweh is quick to reveal that his ability to call down sightings is divine and that the Angels of YAHWEH taught him how to summon their UFO flying machines or their spaceships on his prayer signal.