from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Pueblo people located in western New Mexico.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The language of the Zuni, of no known linguistic affiliation.
- A pueblo of northwest New Mexico west of Albuquerque. Population: 6,360.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Zuni people or their traditional language.
- n. A member of the Zuni tribe.
- proper n. A certain native American tribe.
- proper n. The language traditionally spoken by members of this tribe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the best-known community or tribe of the semicivilized Pueblo Indians of New Mexico, living in a village of the same name on the Zuñi river, composed of large communal houses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Pueblo people living in western New Mexico
Eh, I'm still not convinced that Zuni is all that.
I do not feel comfortable writing more about it, but there is a house in Zuni with "Santo Nino" written above the door.
The Zunis convinced us that we ought to spend the night at the b&b in Zuni Pueblo rather than camp by the side of the road near the Arizona border ... after all, it was cold, windy, in the middle of what they called a "spooky" area, and Halloween.
Brett Fischer, who has trained Davis since he was a teenager, said Davis intially ran on a machine called a Zuni Unloader.
That lawsuit was also brought on behalf of a group of investors known as the Zuni Investors LLC, who were represented by David Grais of Grais & Ellsworth.
Gunnison's prairie dog (Cynomys gunnisoni), also known as the Zuni prairie dog, is actually a rodent belonging to the ground squirrel family, but like the other four prairie dog species (Utah, white-tailed, black-tailed, and Mexican) it gained its name because of its bark-like call.
A reddish stone native to the area called Zuni sandstone was incorporated into the walls of the aviary, and lumber for the project was milled from local pine trees at the Zuni Community sawmill.
It was another aircraft's ordinance (i.e. an unguided 5-inch Mk-32 "Zuni" rocket, one of four contained in a LAU-10 underwing rocket pod) mounted on a F-4 Phantom II, which accidentally fired due to an electrical power surge during the switch from external power to internal power.
Crape Myrtle Lagerstroemia X 'Zuni' Drive down almost any street in
Crape Myrtle Lagerstroemia X 'Zuni' Drive down almost any street in time to get your seed starting supplies in order NGA ...