from The Century Dictionary.
- Washing; cleansing; purifying.
- noun In medicine: That which purifies the blood, or carries off impurities from the system, especially from the stomach and intestines; a detergent.
- noun That which removes filth or viscid matter from ulcers or from the skin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Washing away; carrying off impurities; detergent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Washing away; carrying off
- noun medicine A detergent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin abluēns, present active participle of abluō ("I wash off or away; cleanse, purify"), from ab ("from, away from") + luō ("I wash, cleanse"). See lave.
Sorry, no example sentences found.