from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To bring an acetyl group into (an organic molecule).
from The Century Dictionary.
- To introduce the acetyl group into; especially, to prepare an acetyl derivative of an organic compound containing a hydroxyl- or amino-group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb (Chem.) receive substitution of an acetyl group; of chemical compounds.
- transitive verb (Chem.) introduce an acetyl group into a chemical compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb chemistry To
reactwith acetic acidor one of its derivatives; to introduce one or more acetylgroups into a substance
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
- verb receive substitution of an acetyl group
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Vitamin B5, in the form of CoA, can be used to help acetylate proteins, thereby protecting them from chemical breakdown.
The Histone Acetyl Transferases (HATs) that acetylate these two proteins, namely PCAF and p300, respectively, may therefore regulate SATB1-mediated transcription upon Wnt signalling.