from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stony meteorite that contains no chondrules.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any stony meteorite that contains no chondrules
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a stony meteor lacking chondrules.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A meteoric stone, or aërolite, containing little or no iron and essentially free from chondrules. See meteorite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stony meteor lacking chondrules
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In her journal that day, she noted that, “we found an unusual achondrite.”
Field image of the achondrite meteorite GRA 06128, found in blue ice of the Graves Nunatak region of the Antarctica during the ANSMET 2006 / 2007 field-season.
It is an achondrite - a basalt - with a composition that suggest an asteroid from the inner asteroid belt. "