from The Century Dictionary.
- Having the form of grapes, or being in clusters like grapes; acinose.
- In anatomy, of a deep purplish tint; resembling a grape in color: applied to one of the pigmentary layers of the iris, technically called the tunica aciniformis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having the form of a cluster of grapes; clustered like grapes.
- adjective Full of small kernels like a grape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having the form of a
clusterof grapes; clustered like grapes.
- adjective Full of small
kernelslike a grape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin acinus ("grape, grapestone") + -form. Compare French aciniforme.
They wrap these freshly caught snacks in another silk, called aciniform silk.