from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In zoology, the upper surface of the whole foot.
- noun In ornithology, sometimes used as synonymous with acrodactylum.
- noun In art, an elevated pedestal bearing a statue, particularly if raised from the substructure on supports or feet; the plinth of a statue or other work of art, if resting on feet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) The entire upper surface of the foot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun architecture A
plinthor pedestalbearing a statue
- noun anatomy The upper surface of the
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.