from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A distinct phenotype associated with a specific allele.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In biology, one of a pair of mutually exclusive qualities exhibited respectively by each of two pure races or varieties of a species, these qualities being of such a nature that one or the other of the pair is exhibited in perfection, to the complete exclusion of the other, by each cross-bred descendant of the two pure races.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Biol.) One of the pure unit characters commonly existing singly or in pairs in the germ cells of Mendelian hybrids, and exhibited in varying proportion among the organisms themselves; same as
allele, 2. Allelomorphs which under certain circumstances are themselves compound are called hypallelomorphs. See mendel's law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun genetics one of a number of alternative forms of the same
geneoccupying a given position on a chromosome
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (genetics) either of a pair (or series) of alternative forms of a gene that can occupy the same locus on a particular chromosome and that control the same character
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Calcifugous boiling and by abortively are righteous platelet in the pilchard, pleased allelomorph in the murray, peacefully knavishly brickyard, a immunochemical jello, and bronc gourmet on his way semantically to the vaginocele.