from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A variant shape of a letter.
- noun A letter or combination of letters that can represent one phoneme, as f and gh can represent the phoneme /f/.
- noun Writing, especially a signature, made by one person for another.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In law, a deed not written by any of the parties to its execution: opposed to autograph.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A writing or signature made by some person other than any of the parties thereto; -- opposed to
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
variantform of a letter(or other grapheme)
- noun A
signaturemade by one person for another (compare autograph)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a signature written by one person for another
- noun a variant form of a grapheme, as `m' or `M' or a handwritten version of that grapheme
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
allo- + -graph
Sorry, no example sentences found.