from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A state of extreme surprise or wonder; astonishment.
- n. Obsolete Bewilderment; perplexity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being amazed; overwhelming wonder, as from surprise, sudden fear, horror, or admiration; astonishment.
- n. A particular feeling of wonder, surprise, fear, or horror.
- n. Something which amazes.
- n. Madness, frenzy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being amazed; bewilderment [Obs.]; overwhelming wonder, as from surprise, sudden fear, horror, or admiration.
- n. Frenzy; madness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being amazed; astonishment; confusion or perplexity from a sudden impression of surprise, or surprise mingled with alarm.
- n. Infatuation; madness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the feeling that accompanies something extremely surprising
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Why you must wonder in amazement at all US idiots who get on airplanes and fly to the same places several times a year.
AQ is watching in amazement as the administration refuses to interrogate them.
But if a piece of music has demonstrated its potential to be an amazing experience, I'm less concerned with how often that amazement is likely to happen.
They will gasp in amazement as the on duty DMI swings passed from the big wheel chanting the policing pledge in a multitude of languages, using where required CINTRA to assist those unable or unwilling to understand the local dialect.
At the exact moment that the bomb dropped the two were sitting on a hilltop of verdant grass, gazing out in amazement at the splendor that nature had created.
Then, like every morning, I looked out my window – this time in amazement: With all the talk of there being a water shortage here in Mexico City I look out my window to see a city crew cleaning the sidewalks of the park across the street, Alameda Santa Maria la Ribera, not with brooms but WATER!
The use of color-coded symbols beside each link would help casual surfers avoid anything which is too harsh for their tastes, whilst allowing those of us with dark sensibilities to continue looking in amazement at the absolute strangeness which exists around the internet.
The sea-lawyer looked at the other in amazement ere he answered:
He looked at her in amazement, the wonder of woman bursting upon him in a more transcendent glory than ever, and he had seen much of the wonder of woman in Genevieve.
My daughter and I looked at each other in amazement, and with beaming smiles threw our arms around each other.